We Start any Project in Magento or Either any Opensource or Framework firstly we work on our local machine and then we upload on to live server.
We need to take care while uploading and we need to follow some specific steps while uploading site to live server.
Steps are very simple which non Magento Developers can also easily Manage and upload on Live Server.
So please check follwing Steps which we need to take care while uploading site on LIVE SERVER.
- Update Database Details like Hostname , Username and Password from following path :- edit app/etc/local.xml
- In Database we use to Store Site Urls for Specific Needs so we need to update Database URLS from Database.
We need to update core_config_data Table.
So fire Following query into Database
WHERE `value` LIKE ‘http://%’;”;
“SELECT * FROM core_config_data WHERE path = ‘web/unsecure/base_url’ OR path = ‘web/secure/base_url’;”;
- Delete VAR Folder before Uploading code to live Server as it Store complete Site Cache , Sessions etc
- Please Remove app/etc/use_cache.ser file from source.
- Now you can upload Complete Source on Live Server.
For Further Help please check following links too:-