- In Terms of theme, there are 2 main changes in Mage 2.
- Removal of skin folder from root.
- Introduction of a new directory ‘view’ in the module folder structure which actually completes the MVC structure in more structured way.
- we don’t have to create a directory inside skin directory like we did in Magento 1.x,. Instead, we can place all the module specify JS, CSS, Images inside the web directory in each module folder.
- Themes are grouped by ‘vendor’ which we known as ‘package’ in magento 1.x. Theme structure in Magento 2 is like ‘app/design/frontend/vendor_name/theme_name’1
What are the changes in THEME folder structure in Magento 2?